It’s no secret that we all need more sleep in winter. After all, we’re stuck inside for hours on end! Unfortunately, many of us don’t get the shut-eye we need to stay healthy and fight off those winter blues. Here are top reasons why you need more sleep in winter:
Do We Need More Sleep in Winter?
Winter is a time for rest and relaxation, but many people don't get enough sleep during the winter. Here are four reasons why you need more sleep in winter:
- A Lack Of Daylight:Winter is a time of shorter days, which means that you are less likely to get sunlight exposure throughout the day. This can lead to fatigue because your body doesn't have enough sunlight to produce energy.
- Cold Weather:Winter weather can be very cold and disruptive, which can also make it difficult to get enough sleep. The cold air makes it harder to breathe, and sleeping in an unheated room can also make you restless and irritable.
- Energy Deficit: When you don't get enough sleep, your body starts to use up more energythan it should. This can lead to feelings of fatigue and sluggishness, especially in the morning hours when you are most active.
- Reduced Immune Function:Sleep is essential for maintaining a healthy immune system. When you're not getting enough sleep, your body's natural defenses become weakened, which can lead to infections and other health problems.
Why You Need More Sleep in Winter
Couch-potato syndrome is a common problem in winter. It's when we spend too much time on our couches, instead of getting enough sleep. Sleeping habits are one of the biggest factors influencing our health and well-being, so it's important to remember that sleeping in during the winter doesn't have to be a bad thing! Here are some reasons why you should get more sleep during the winter:
1. You'll stay healthy overall
A lot of people think that they need less sleep because they're not as active during the winter. But studies have shown that people who get enough sleep are generally healthier than those who don't. Studies have also shown that people who get less than 7 hours of sleep each night are at an increased risk for obesity, heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and other diseases. So don't skip out on your sleep just because it's cold outside - getting enough sleep is essential for your overall health!
2. You'll feel better mentally and emotionally
We all know how tired we feel after a long day of work or school. And sometimes, even if we try to relax and take a nap, we just can't fall asleep. That's because when it's cold outside, our bodies naturally release hormones called cortisol and adrenaline. These hormones make us feel energized but also anxious and stressed out. Instead of trying to sleep when you're feeling tired, try winding down by reading a book or watching some calming videos
Winter is a time of rest and relaxation
Winter is a time of rest and relaxation. This is the time when people tend to get more sleep than in other seasons. Here are some reasons why you need more sleep in winter:
- You're Indoors More Often:In winter, you're likely to be spending more time indoors. This means that your body has less chances to get sunlight and fresh air which can help you get more sleep.
- It's Cold Outside:If it's cold outside, your body will try to keep itself warm by sleeping more often. Moreover, staying inside all the time will make you feel drowsy and sleepy.
- You Have More Vacations:Winter vacations are an excellent opportunity to get plenty of rest and relax away from home. Make sure to schedule in some shut-eye during your stay so that you can come back feeling refreshed and rejuvenated!
- Your Weekend Plans Include More Rest Days:In general, weekends are usually considered as days off from work. However, this isn't always the case during winter months since many people have weekend plans that include lots of rest and relaxation activities such as skiing or snowboarding etc... This means that even on weekends, you'll want to make sure to allot enough sleep for a productive Monday morning!
Proper sleep during winter helps reduce stress
In the colder months, it’s important to get enough sleep to reduce stress. Proper sleep during winter helps you feel more energetic and alert during the day. It also reduces your chances of getting sick, which can be especially important if you work or spend time with family and friends.
How much sleep you need for optimal health
Most people think that they need less sleep in winter because it’s colder outside. But this isn’t always the case. According to the National Sleep Foundation, adults need 7-8 hours of sleep each night to function optimally.
A Good Way to Wake Up In The Winter
Winter is a difficult time to get enough sleep. Even if you're an early riser, the cold and dark can make it hard to fall asleep. Here are some tips for getting better sleep in winter:
- Make sure your bedroom is comfortable. If your bedroom is too cold, you'll likely be too warm in bed and won't be able to fall asleep. Make sure the sheets and blankets are cozy, the room temperature is comfortable, and there's no bright light coming in from outside.
- Get up and move around every couple of hours. Staying in one position for long periods of time can make you sleepy. If you're awake but not really moving, try reading or doing something mentally stimulating until you feel drowsy again.
- Keep a cool beverage nearby if you need a pick-me-up to help drift off to sleep. Caffeine can keep you alert but will also keep you awake later on in the night. Try herbal tea or decaf instead!
- Set realistic expectations for how much sleep you'll get in winter. Most people need at least seven hours of sleep per night during colder months, but this number may change depending on how active you are that day or how many stressors your life throws your way.
- Try using a noise machine to help block out environmental noise while you’re trying to restful slumber—a favorite option
Get a Wool-like Fleece Futon Mattress in Winter
When it's cold outside, your bed deserves the same level of comfort as you do. You can get a wool-like fleece mattress in winter to keep you warm all night long. Mattress company like Maxyoyo make these beds specifically for people who want to sleep comfortably in the cold weather.
Why we Recommend fleece MAXYOYO floor futon mattress in Winter
You may be wondering why you need to sleep more in winter. After all, isn't it supposed to be cold outside? The answer is yes, but there are a few reasons why sleeping more in the winter is important.
The first reason is that when you are not sleeping enough, you are more likely to have trouble focusing and staying on task. In addition, insufficient sleep can lead to weight gain and bad moods. Finally, lack of sleep can also cause accidents such as falling down stairs or getting into car accidents. So whether you are trying to lose weight or prevent accidents, sleeping more in the winter will help you achieve your goal.
One way to improve your chances of getting more sleep is by using a fleece MAXYOYO floor futon mattress. This mattress is made out of soft and warm fleece material that will make sure that you stay warm throughout the night. Not only does this mattress make you warmer, but it is also very comfortable so that you will not feel like you are sleeping on hardwood floors. Plus, since this mattress is machine-washable, it makes cleanup very easy
If you're like most people, you probably don't sleep as well in winter as you do in summer. The cold weather can make it hard to fall asleep, and the dark hours of the night can be challenging to wake up in a morning when there's less sunlight streaming through your window. If you want to get the most out of your days during winter, make sure to get enough sleep.